2009 Year End Running Totals

2009 Year End Running Totals

Why I Run

“Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it. Athletes exercise self-control in all things; they do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable one. So I do not run aimlessly, nor do I box as though beating the air; but I punish my body and enslave it, so that after proclaiming to others I myself should not be disqualified.”

- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Friday, January 18, 2008

2007 Holiday Recap

Wow. Hard to believe that I've not posted in over a month! Guess that shows how busy I've been. I'll try to be better about it in the future, but for now I'll give a recap as to how 2007 ended for me and my family.

As my previous post noted, we started and completed tiling the master bath (my finger is healed, thank-you). My sister-in-law came in from Atlanta for a full week, which is always nice (if only because she'll watch horror movies with me). Alexander,Beth and I did take in 'I Am Legend' with Will Smith and was pleasantly surprised. Got to attend the annual Christmas Eve party that my mom's side of the family has been doing for 40 years or so. Since we've lived several states away for the past 11 years or so, I never got to attend many of them. But its a special time for me as I grew up going every year to my great-grandma's house. My parents now host it, at least as long as my my great-grandma is still alive (yes, you heard me. 97 or 98 and still kicking!). Wendy and I hosted dinner for my parents, my brother, his girlfriend and their son and, of course, Beth. It was a great time and though Beth is their daughter-in-law's sister, they have a special place reserved for her in their hearts. Spent New Year's Eve with our best friends and just plain enjoyed ourselves without having to do any long distance driving for once!

And now, here we are, Friday, January 18, 2008.

Today is special, because today is the day we pick up our new (and first) golden retriever puppy, Sophie. We pick her up tonight, so I'll check in tomorrow with some updates!

No comments: