2009 Year End Running Totals

2009 Year End Running Totals

Why I Run

“Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it. Athletes exercise self-control in all things; they do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable one. So I do not run aimlessly, nor do I box as though beating the air; but I punish my body and enslave it, so that after proclaiming to others I myself should not be disqualified.”

- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Once again, I'm lax in my postings!

Once again, I'm lax in my postings! Man, it's been busy! New puppy, up and down weather, work, etc. My running has suffered due to the puppy (I don't want to get up early and wake her up and get her on that 5 am schedule!). However, I have been working out everyday at work (lifting and cardio) and I think I can tell a slight change. I'm trying to rotate the runs to the evening so at least I continue to run...that also gives Wendy the extra push to walk on the treadmill if I'm out running.

But the puppy is doing well. Ornery like most 7 week olds. Still trying to get the potty training done. But at least we have no issues in getting her to sleep at night!

I'm heading to Dallas this week for national meetings, which always poses issues when it comes to eating correctly and trying to maintain some type of exercise routine. So we'll see what those 4 days next week brings.

No comments: