2009 Year End Running Totals

2009 Year End Running Totals

Why I Run

“Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it. Athletes exercise self-control in all things; they do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable one. So I do not run aimlessly, nor do I box as though beating the air; but I punish my body and enslave it, so that after proclaiming to others I myself should not be disqualified.”

- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Sunday, October 28, 2007

1st Marathon Post Run

Yesterday I got my butt up and out for a 4 mile run and it felt good, if not still a little tight and sore. Monday will be back to normal, pre-work runs. Even though the weather was warm for the marathon, Ohio is starting to fall into its more typical fall weather with lows starting to drop to 31 and the highs in the day having a hard time getting to or out of the 50s. Got my hats and gloves ready!

For those that want a great weigh to track their running workouts, the Cape Cod Athletic Club has an awesome excel spreadsheet that I've been using for years. Take a look, its called Run2007:

http://www.capecodathleticclub.org/files/home.shtml

My wife has decided to start running, so we've got her on a 10 week startup program to running 30 minutes. She seems to be enjoying it, enough in fact that she wants to 'jump' weeks. Next on our list is to take her to Fleet Feet and have her running style tested so she can get the correct shoes.

Kinda bummed. I was looking for a Turkey Trot 5k to run in Hilton Head when we're there visiting Wendy's parents, but it doesn't look like there are any.

As for website design? Thinking about a quotes section, maybe a calendar, maybe my runnign spreadsheet. We'll see.

No comments: