2009 Year End Running Totals

2009 Year End Running Totals

Why I Run

“Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it. Athletes exercise self-control in all things; they do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable one. So I do not run aimlessly, nor do I box as though beating the air; but I punish my body and enslave it, so that after proclaiming to others I myself should not be disqualified.”

- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Monday, October 29, 2007

Anniversary

Today, October 29th, Wendy and I are sharing our 13th wedding anniversary. You know, I often hear people say that "thirteen years is a long time" or "you've been married forever" or even stuff like "how'd you do it?" A friend of mine who was going through a divorce once asked me how I got so lucky to find someone like Wendy. Actually, truth be told, I hear that all the time! I remember that I replied to my friend that there was no luck involved (at least not much), and that it was surely, if anything, that God had a plan for me and was looking out for me though I didn't deserve it. How else do you explain how she came along at the right time and in the right place and it moved quickly after that? To say I married up is an understatement.

So here we are, 13 years and two kids later and, as far as I'm concerned, still going strong. Sometimes I feel guilty because things have seemed too easy. I constantly hear people griping and moaning all the time about their marriages and wonder, "Am I supposed to complain like that?" I won't.

For me, I promise to always remember how blessed I've been and will continue to be in the future.

Happy Anniversary, Wendy!

Love,

Trey

No comments: