2009 Year End Running Totals

2009 Year End Running Totals

Why I Run

“Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it. Athletes exercise self-control in all things; they do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable one. So I do not run aimlessly, nor do I box as though beating the air; but I punish my body and enslave it, so that after proclaiming to others I myself should not be disqualified.”

- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

5 Days to Go!

Well, it's Tuesday morning, and I just got back from a 4 mile 'jog'. With 5 days to go, I'm winding things down and starting to carb things up (I'm already sick of water!). Anxiety and nervousness has started to creep in.

I'm still a little upset that:

  1. I'm 2-3 years older than the last time (as if I can do much about that!) and
  2. That I'm nearly 20 lbs heavier.

But hopefully, this blog will be the beginning of some serious training for me. I'd like to drop that weight and become more competitive in my running, as well as finally get rid of this gut.

The challenge for this week: Not eating too much 'junk' during the 3 days of meetings!

No comments: