2009 Year End Running Totals

2009 Year End Running Totals

Why I Run

“Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it. Athletes exercise self-control in all things; they do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable one. So I do not run aimlessly, nor do I box as though beating the air; but I punish my body and enslave it, so that after proclaiming to others I myself should not be disqualified.”

- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

4 Days and Counting...

4 days to go!
The temperature for this morning's run was 57 degrees. I tried to get the feel of race day so I wore a short sleeve shirt and shorts. Sunday's forecast is supposed to be a low of 49, high of 75 and sunny. Overall, a nice day to race, if not a little too warm.
Starting to look at my race time prediction and I really need to do about an 8:20 pace if I want to finish in under 3:44, which was my previous marathon result. As I'm older and heavier, I'm not sure if this is feasible or not. All I can do is carb up, fluid up, relax, pray a little, and most importantly remember to start easy on Sunday. That shouldn't be a problem as I tend to start all the way to the back and be the last across the start line. Since its chip-timed it shouldn't matter. My thoughts are that by starting in the back, it gives me lot of people to pass and use as pace goals.
As predicted yesterday, these 'stupid' meetings make it so hard to eat healthy....M & Ms are always my downfall! Yesterday was bbq for lunch...hard to find very many carbs there! Oh, today is another day!

No comments: