2009 Year End Running Totals

2009 Year End Running Totals

Why I Run

“Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it. Athletes exercise self-control in all things; they do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable one. So I do not run aimlessly, nor do I box as though beating the air; but I punish my body and enslave it, so that after proclaiming to others I myself should not be disqualified.”

- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Thursday, October 18, 2007

3 days out...

Thursday morning.
October 18, 2007.
3 days until the Columbus Marathon.
This morning's run, for my usual 4 miles, was my last 'official' run before Sunday's race. The pace was about 20-30 seconds behind my goal pace of around 8:20.

I may do a light walk or even rollarblade on Friday or Saturday. Today's weather was breezy with a warm temperature of 66 degrees...probably similar to Sunday, but hopefully not as humid or else it might be a long race (at least longer than my estimated 4 hour goal).

I'm off on Friday to relax and may find a movie for me and the boys as they're off from school that day as well.

Thinking ahead to the future:

Expand workouts to lifting and total body fitness

Become a 'serious' runner

Within these blogs, discuss the loss of my sister 18 years ago.

No comments: