2009 Year End Running Totals

2009 Year End Running Totals

Why I Run

“Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it. Athletes exercise self-control in all things; they do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable one. So I do not run aimlessly, nor do I box as though beating the air; but I punish my body and enslave it, so that after proclaiming to others I myself should not be disqualified.”

- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Monday, December 3, 2007

Trial Run...

Well, this morning was (is) the morning I decided to take a trial run and see how the heeling process is going. I ran about 2.5 miles at a rather slow pace (which drove me nuts!), but it was something I needed to do to evaluate the knee/calf problems I started having. Of course wouldn't you know....it was 32, raining/sleeting/snowing! But hey, that's December in Ohio. It actually wasn't too bad. I do have some black tights I bought this summer after learning we were moving back here. I love them. I had gloves, hat, sweatshirt and felt warm enough. I did pass a guy (and remember this is 5 am) who was actually running in shorts...and they call me crazy!
Anyway, the run was OK. Felt very good in the beginning, but towards the end I still felt (possibly) a little in the calf, but I think it really must have been something around the knee, which may or may not be affiliated with the calf. So, I'll try a small run again tomorrow, most likely 2.5 miles again and see how it goes.
So, in summation, physically, the run was OK. But for mental health, it was awesome!

No comments: