2009 Year End Running Totals

2009 Year End Running Totals

Why I Run

“Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it. Athletes exercise self-control in all things; they do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable one. So I do not run aimlessly, nor do I box as though beating the air; but I punish my body and enslave it, so that after proclaiming to others I myself should not be disqualified.”

- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

Ok, so this morning, I woke up to my first real snow in over 4 years! Having grown up in Ohio, its something I enjoy! The kids will be pumped, however Wendy...well, let's just say if it was sunny and 80, she would be happy. For those that don't know, we left the Ohio area about 8 or 9 years ago and moved to Maryland, where we still got snow. But the last 4 years were spent in Atlanta, GA. No snow there! Of course they did cancel school at the first thought of snow (no kidding!). They once cancelled school on a Sunday night because they was a chance there might be some ice. Monday comes and guess what? Yep, no ice. Kids get a nice day off!

So, it snowed and I probably smartly decided to hit the treadmill. I got in 30 minutes with no real issues with my knee/calf. Either there is still some soreness there, or I'm just overly sensitive. I did go for 3 miles or so. I've been reading around and it may be possible that I have Popliteal tendinitis? Which, apparently, tends to be the tendon in the calf/back of knee area. Supposedly weak hamstrings are part of it. So I found some exercises to try and strengthen the hamstrings. The funny part is, I just wonder how I can run for a long time, complete a marathon, run some more, then all of a sudden it pops up? Go figure!

Meanwhile....let it snow...let it snow...let it snow!

No comments: