2009 Year End Running Totals

2009 Year End Running Totals

Why I Run

“Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it. Athletes exercise self-control in all things; they do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable one. So I do not run aimlessly, nor do I box as though beating the air; but I punish my body and enslave it, so that after proclaiming to others I myself should not be disqualified.”

- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Monday, May 5, 2008

Genoa Firefighter's 5k Results

Well, last Friday night I ran the Genoa Firefighter's 5k. It was cool and rainy, so the turnout was less than expected. But thats ok, it was fun. I'm not too prideful, I'll take a good personal race anytime. So ready for the results?

Overall Place: 4th/60!
Age Pace: (30 - 39): 1st!
Time: 21:44

Turned out to be pretty awesome. I thought I'd come in around 25:00. My best is 21:08 from 3 years ago and 20 pounds lighter, so I'm pretty psyched about this years race potentials. I'm going to run another 5k on Memorial Day and see if I can match my best. It'll probably be a bigger and hotter race....and I'll probably be eating and drinking leading up to it, so it might not be a well run one!

Here is a link to pictures:

http://picasaweb.google.com/treymart/GenoaTwpFirefightersFightMD5K02?authkey=j4OJR-lZJrI

And just to top it off, yesterday I ran 7 miles in 57:00 minutes. All last year as I trained for the Columbus Marathon I couldn't get 7 miles in under the 60 minute mark. Maybe there's hope to actually make the Boston Marathon this year? :) Yeah, right!

No comments: