2009 Year End Running Totals

2009 Year End Running Totals

Why I Run

“Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it. Athletes exercise self-control in all things; they do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable one. So I do not run aimlessly, nor do I box as though beating the air; but I punish my body and enslave it, so that after proclaiming to others I myself should not be disqualified.”

- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Powell Spring 5k Results

5.31.08
7th Annual Powell Spring 5k.
This race is a nice family oriented race with lots of runners and crowd. There were lots of high school track students as well. The day was muggy, warm and windy. With a night of little rest (due to the nice storms that blew through), I wasn't sure what this race would hold. It was essentially a down and back, with wind (it seemed) in every direction. So by the way I huffed my way to the end, I was sure I'd be mad at my time. In all actuality, it wasn't that bad. Only about 17 seconds less than my Genoa Firefighters race:

Overall: 30/215
35-29 Age Group: 5/17
Time: 22:01

No comments: