2009 Year End Running Totals

2009 Year End Running Totals

Why I Run

“Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it. Athletes exercise self-control in all things; they do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable one. So I do not run aimlessly, nor do I box as though beating the air; but I punish my body and enslave it, so that after proclaiming to others I myself should not be disqualified.”

- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Sunday, October 21, 2007

I finished!

Well, it's over. I finished, under my 4:00 hour goal, but nearly 15 minutes off my first marathon. But I really can't complain. I ran with a great guy for 23.5 miles (until his calf cramped). We were nearly 5-6 minutes at one point ahead of the 4:00 hour pace, but started to slowly give it back in end. The first half went fast and smooth. It was an awesome day, good crowd, good music, good family and friend support. So I didn't beat my previous, well, there's always next time. To reward myself? The Blue Ribbon Burger at Red Robin.

In the meantime, here are my stats:

Overall Place: 1652/3636 = top 45.4%
Divisional Place: 212/394 = top 53.8%
Gender Place: 1270/2310 = top 55%
Overall pace of 9:08

Maybe I'll follow tomorrow with pictures.

1 comment:

kate said...

Congrats on a great race! And I agree about the 1st half going fast and smooth. Upper Arlington just about killed me though!

And thanks for the kind words about my blog =) I've found it to be a good motivator and record of where I've been. Have fun with yours and making it your own little corner of the internet!