2009 Year End Running Totals

2009 Year End Running Totals

Why I Run

“Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it. Athletes exercise self-control in all things; they do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable one. So I do not run aimlessly, nor do I box as though beating the air; but I punish my body and enslave it, so that after proclaiming to others I myself should not be disqualified.”

- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Race Day!

Today is it! Race Day.

So much for rest yesterday or last night for that matter. Went to bed around 11:00. Couldn't fall asleep until 11:30. Woke up at 2:00. Finally fell back asleep and woke up at 4:30. Had a bagel with some peanut butter, Powerade. Next will be a banana before heading off to the shower.

My dad and best friend, Ted are going to go down for the start with me, with my mom and Wendy bringing the kids a little later.

I'm starting in Wendy's friend's pace group going for 3:45. Let's hope that doesn't kill me! They asked and I figured that would help me to achieve my goal of keeping close to my first marathon time.

Its 54 and clear right now. Supposed to be a high of 80 or 82. Clear. Warm. Winds from 10-20, which could also slow things down.

Yesterday was the kids fun run. Both boys ran and did pretty well. Alexander I was most proud of as he probably came in within the top 10% of his age group. Very nice effort! Noah did a good job too, and did a great spring at the end.

I appreciate all the encouragement and support I've gotten over the past few weeks and hope I can turn that to positive energy when things get tough!

Well, its off to the showers!

No comments: