2009 Year End Running Totals

2009 Year End Running Totals

Why I Run

“Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it. Athletes exercise self-control in all things; they do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable one. So I do not run aimlessly, nor do I box as though beating the air; but I punish my body and enslave it, so that after proclaiming to others I myself should not be disqualified.”

- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Monday, November 12, 2007

David Crowder* Band Concert

On November 7th, Alexander and I ventured to Cincinnati to see David Crowder* Band. It was Alexander's first concert.

For those that have not seen DCB, whether you are into Christian bands or not, I highly recommend it. DCB is a worship band from Waco, Texas that spends a lot of their efforts ministering to the college age/20 + crowd. Not to be pigeonholed, their musical styles is a hodgepodge of everything, with a heavy emphasis on modern. They pull from old hymns, gospel, rock, bluegrass and just about everything else. At the Cincinnati concert, Dave even pulled out a Guitar Hero guitar and played it during one song.

In my opinion, they've begun to have a following similar to Grateful Dead or Dave Matthews. Meaning, many of those attending were doing so for the 2nd or more time, attesting to the power (& fun) of DCB's concerts. Tickets were only $22 - $26, which is a bargain in this day and age, especially considering there were two (2!) opening acts.

Regardless of the music and message, it was a great experience for me and Alexander, who, at 11 and in 6th grade, is already showing those signs of 'my parents aren't cool' type of attitude. Alexander has also been amazingly mature for his age, and somewhat introverted. But there are several things upon which he and I connect: Movies, Books, Video Games, and now, ever since getting his first MP3 player, music. It was a cool thing to be able to share in the DCB fun. Even more so that he already liked them and liked their music. But I think seeing them live was something I hope he found very special.

And for the rest of you: If you've not see David Crowder* Band...what are you waiting for?

No comments: